Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The World According to Krista…..you can't make this stuff up
I know, I know, I've been asked a hundred times when I was going to update this. I do think about it but then the hundred other things come up and then...here we are ,but this was just too funny. Later on I'll have to update what's been going on in our crazy lives these past few months.
I come home the other day and Krista comes up to me and tells me "I wrapped tape around my finger today", and I'm wondering, "Ok...where is she going with this". Will had recently broken his finger and had his fingers wrapped in coban for 4 weeks so I thought she was going there...wrong.
She begins describing this hang nail she has had on her finger and that she decided to wrap tape around her finger to keep it from getting caught on things {pretty smart actually...had a few hang nails in my day}....she then goes on  and states "but I took the tape off, but don't worry, I didn't put it in the trash". Well she had my attention at this point so I asked, "Why didn't you throw it in the trash?". Very seriously she said, "so they couldn't steal my identity". Confused I said, "how would they steal your identity?" and she said, "well they could get my fingerprints off the tape and then steal my identity". {once again...smart girl, but seriously, what kind of shows has she been watching??} I calmly explained that as wise as that sounded that I doubt anyone would be trying to steal her identity by taking her fingerprints of f the tape.  So she nodded her head, walked away and apparently threw away the tape.
So....later that evening Henry comes home and I stupidly thought "I think I'll share this cute story with Henry, he'd get a kick out of it, right?" So I tell him, and he laughs, asked where she got that idea and then left the room. Shortly after I hear Henry talking to Krista in the front room and then her crying out "but mom said to...", I 'm thinking, "what did he say to her about the tape".  So I go out there to see whats going on and apparently he had asked  about the hang nail . She explained about the tape ...he asked what she did with the tape....when she told him he exclaimed "Aaagh, you threw it away!!" to which she promptly cried out  in horror "Well mom said to!"  I grabbed her and gave him the evil eye {you know which one I'm talking about} and took her to my room to console her. Henry later came in and, once again, gave him that eye, and said "What were you doing?"  He looked at me and said, "I just wanted to hear her say it....she never tells me those cute funny things". Well...now he knows why!

No comments: